Okie Dokie Art shenanigan enthusiasts, it’s here! the year you have been waiting for! Ok that was a touch dramatic, but i am excited. 2017 was a year of change. Some of it was amazing, some of it hard, but all of it was fascinating. It wore me out. So 2018 brings me to a place where I am simply ready for a therapeutic rest. I am taking a year off for honing in on healthy change, peace and artistic discovery. I am going to do things I truly enjoy as often as I can with people I love. ( missing my bestie). Working on videos, art classes and super fun mixed media art is making me giddy. I have some really cool things for you this year and I am so stoked.
I am taking a different approach to things though. Im going to relax and not freak out about what I can’t do and focus on what I can do. I am ready to discover the real me so…
My word for 2018 is ” Seek”. I feel a wave of discovery coming.
I am not going to make resolutions. I am only going to put into motion the idea of seeking out the changes that could result in a healthier me. I am not putting any ridiculous expectations on myself. Life gets in the way of those things & I simply do not have time for guilt over that kind of thing. I do, however have a few goals, knowing that I don’t know how long they will take to accomplish and that’s ok. I do know, that if I don’t take care of myself, I wont have anything left to give to anyone else and I want to be there for the people I love. I want to live a full, creative life and I can’t do that unless I re-prioritize and prune away the things that are holding me back from that.
so… This year I am going to seek out ways to:
- Deprogram from unhealthy belief systems that keep me in a cycle of broken-ness.
- Regroup. Rest. Accept my limitations.
- Forgive and ask forgiveness
- Pursue health; physical, mental and emotional; fiercely.
- Speak life, not only to others but to myself.
- Be Grateful everyday.
- Pursue Joy
- Step down from moral superiority and treat others with compassion, love and understanding. (more on that later)
- Spend time in prayer and meditation everyday.
- Create art that I love to create and share that with others as often as possible.
- Laugh every single day, even when it hurts.
- Capture negativity and replace it with positivity.
- Learn to take care of myself.
- Study. Practice. Learn.
- Be present.
- Put down the cell phone.
- Enrich the lives of others.
- Let go.
Let’s do this. I dare you.